- Abstracts, Manuscripts, Posters, and Presentations will be collected through the International Symposium Submission Portal
- Applicants must create a new account before submitting their documents
- The abstract submission deadline has ended. If you would to request a late submission please contact email@example.com.
Keyword search on your manuscript will be required using the Process Safety Taxonomy Wiki site at: http://wikips.tamu.edu/
Any concerns with the PS Wiki site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due: Feb. 21
Due: May 1
Due: May 1
Due: Aug. 15
Due: Sept. 15
Abstract Topics and Information
Managing Operations and Maintenance
- Managing Process Safety
- Operational Excellence, Best Practices, Worker Involvement
- Asset Integrity, Maintenance, Reliability, Aging Facilities, Failure Data, Materials
- Economics, Cost-Benefit, Value at Risk, Business Case
- Learning from Incidents, Investigations, Case Histories, Incident Data, Near Misses
- Process Safety in Well Operations
- Spill Prevention and Mitigations
- Barriers in Well Control
- Developing Leading Indicators in Well Control
- Human Factors in Well Operations, Situation Awareness, Fatigue
- Corrosion, Material Failures, and Mitigation via New Materials
- Automated Unmanned Vehicles use for Inspections and Maintenance
- Aging Facilities and Decommissioning
Human Factors – People in Action
- Process Safety Competency
- Safety Culture, Leadership, Assessment, Training
- Human Performance, Procedures, Fatigue
- Education, University, Continuing Ed, Operator, Virtual Training
- People and Equipment
Design, Analysis, Modeling and Assessment
- Design Concepts, Resilience, Inherent Safety, Sustainability, Green
- Risk Assessment, Uncertainty, Tolerance, ALARP,
- Functional Safety, Control Systems, ASM, SIS/SIL/LOPA, Alarms
- Consequence Analysis, Flammability, Combustion, Explosions, Toxic
- Mitigation Systems, Pressure Relief, Curtains, Foam
- Cyber-Security, Cyber-Risk
- NaTech, Hurricane, Flood, Tsunami, Earthquake
Research and Next Generation
- Energetic Materials, Calorimetry, Contaminants, Prediction
- Flammability, Combustion, Ignition, LNG
- Explosion Phenomena and Modeling, Vapor Clouds, DDT, Blast Effects
- Environmental Influences on Safety
- Structure Resistance, Fire, Blasts
- Any of the Topics Listed in other sections as Research
- Next Generation Concepts, Big Data, AI, Digitalization, Virtual Reality
Selected papers will be included in a special issue of The Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries
Required manuscript format:
- US Letter-sized paper
- single-spaced text in 12 point Times Roman font
- Do not put page numbers at the bottom of the page
- submitted in MS Word
- One-inch margins
- No specific page limitations
It is mandatory that you conduct a keyword search on your manuscript using the Process Safety Taxonomy Wiki site at: http://wikips.tamu.edu
- Should present a summary of your research.
- Should be brought with you to the symposium.
- Should fit within a 40 inch by 40 inch area.
- Must be prepared in English.
- Posters will be attached to display boards the first morning of the symposium.
- Biographies should be around 5-6 sentences and provide a brief overview of your background and current position
- If you are invited to present the same topic at another conference, there is no issue with reusing the presentation as long as the first slide notes, “Presented at the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center 2018 International Symposium.”
The following template should be used for all presentations.
Attendees expect visuals of the presentations, to have something by which to remember your presentation. Suggestions:
- Please allow 20-25 minutes for your presentation and the remaining 5-10 minutes for questions and answers. Computer and projectors are provided at the presentation.
- PowerPoint® presentations, of course, should be non-commercial.
- Slides projected from computer:
- Maximum: 7 lines plus title
- Optimum: 3-5 lines and 35-50 words
- Minimum font size of 36 pt